NACWA to Host Strategic Communications Virtual Event, June 1-2
(May 28, 2020) - This coming Monday and Tuesday, June 1-2 at 2:00 p.m. EST, NACWA will host its first Strategic Communications H2O Virtual Event.
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced water communicators to confront unparalleled challenges, while also providing unexpected opportunities to engage with and inform ratepayers about the value of clean water services. Join us on Day 1 as we host a panel of experts to examine the crisis communications strategies deployed at the onset of the pandemic and the social media strategies used to engage with ratepayers in creative and novel ways.
On Day 2, an expert panel will share helpful details about their internal communications plans that have allowed workforces to stay safe and transition in part to remote operations. Then we will explore and envision what a post-coronavirus future looks like for our clean water utility leaders from a communications perspective.
- Coronavirus Crisis Communications
- Social Media Examples and Lessons Learned
- Internal Communications in a Pandemic
- What Comes Next: Post-Coronavirus Communications
- Vince Morris, DC Water
- Tricia Garrison, NEW Water
- John Gonzalez, Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
- Franchesca Thompson, DC Water
- Monica Billger, Alexandria Renew Enterprises
- Michelle Zdrodowski, Great Lakes Water Authority
- Stephanie Dillon, Great Lakes Water Authority
- Rebecca Zito, Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority
- Pam Perez, LA Sanitation
Thank you to our All-Conference Sponsors for making this webinar possible. To register, please click here. For questions concerning this webinar, please contact NACWA’s Manager of Media and Communications, David Zielonka.