- Join NACWA
- Board of Directors
- Member Agencies & Affiliates
- Staff Directory
- Awards Shop
- Clean Water Advocate Recognition Program
- Excellence in Management Recognition Program
- Hall of Fame
- National Environmental Achievement Awards
- Peak Performance Awards
- Utility of the Future Today Recognition Program
- Member Spotlight
- Association Governance
The Advocacy Recognition Program highlights outstanding advocacy work undertaken by federal elected officials and NACWA Member Agencies to further municipal clean water priorities. Honorees will be identified for recognition and nominated by the Association’s Government Affairs Group and Management Team. NACWA’s Legislative & Regulatory Policy Committee will consider the nominations and select honorees for recognition. Federal elected officials will receive recognition at the National Water Policy Fly-In and Member Agencies will be recognized during NACWA’s Utility Leadership Conference.
Recognition will be provided based on the following criteria:
Clean Water Advocate (Federal Officials)
- Eligibility: Federal Elected Officials
- Criteria: Engagement in significant legislative efforts that advance one or more key NACWA advocacy priorities.
Clean Water Advocate (Member Agencies)
- Eligibility: NACWA Member Agencies
- Criteria: Engagement in substantial advocacy efforts in the legislative, regulatory, legal, and/or communications arena to advance key NACWA advocacy priorities. Advocacy efforts could include outreach to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or other federal agencies on regulatory issues, engagement with elected officials and their staffs on legislative issues, participation in legal briefs, and media/public affairs communications.