2018 Scholarship Information
Utilities are transforming themselves becoming innovative drivers of economic growth, resource recovery centers and stewards of the water environment. The Utility of The Future effort spearheaded by the Water Environment Federation (WEF), the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA), and the Water Research Foundation (Water Research), helps water facilities realize their ambitions to be water resource recovery facilities of the future. One important aspect of this ambition is interface with global innovation.
Singapore International Water Week (SIWW), July 8-12, 2018 is an opportunity to see the future of water solutions unfold. SIWW is a global platform to share and co-create innovative solutions reinforcing a commitment to the global integration of sustainable water management strategies with urban planning processes. Addressing contemporary challenges, SIWW gathers global water leaders and practitioners from the public and private sectors to engage in discussion and debate, network with key industry players, showcase leading-edge technologies and best practices, and identify practical methodologies to address water issues.
In line with global water industry trends and opportunities, SIWW 2018 will feature discussions on three themes:
- Smart Water Systems
- Water Reuse & Advanced Wastewater Treatment Technology
- Integrated Urban Water Management
WEF, NACWA, and Water Research have partnered with the Singapore host utility, Public Utility Board of Singapore to host a United States delegation of high level utility managers. Participants in the U.S. Delegation will have access to all SIWW events, plus events planned together with our host to provide special site visits and more intimate exchange opportunities. We have also created a scholarship fund to assist U.S. utility leaders in funding international participation.
By promoting international exchange, we hope to breakdown international barriers, accelerate technology transfer, and create an understanding of innovative policy options to enable resource recovery. Scholarship recipients will be encouraged to write papers and make presentation about their experience at SIWW and will be provided forums to disseminate this information through WEF, NACWA and Water Research.
To be considered for the SIWW 2018 Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be employed as a high-level utility manager of a United States water or wastewater utility. General Managers/CEOs are highly encouraged to apply!
- Must be a member of WEF or NACWA and/or work for an agency that is a Water Research Foundation subscriber.
- Use this financial award toward travel or registration expenses for SIWW 2018.
ABOUT THE APPLICATION
Applications must be completed and submitted via email to SIWWScholarship@nacwa.org. Please have the following required documentation ready to complete your application before you begin:
- Statement of Interest - Please tell us about 1) your interest in, and experience with, smart water systems, water reuse & advanced wastewater treatment technology, and/or integrated urban water management; 2) your motivation for applying for the scholarship; and 3) what you anticipate gaining from your SIWW experience. (No more than 750 words)
- Current Resume
- Employer Approval Letter (Signed & Dated)
After completing your application to its entirety, please make sure you attach your supporting documents as indicated above.
Additionally, please email your completed application to SIWWScholarship@nacwa.org with the following subject line format: SIWW Scholar Candidate, YOUR LAST NAME, FIRST NAME FIRST INITIAL.
For example: Subject: SIWW Scholar Candidate, Doe, J.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
We anticipate a full scholarship to SIWW (to cover economy travel, lodging, and registration) will be approximately $6,000- $8,000. The scholarship committee is striving to award as many scholarships as possible and the ability of applicants to assume a portion of the cost will enable us to support more participants.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- December 15, 2017 – Application Available Online
- February 2, 2018 – Application Deadline
- February 16, 2018 – Recipients Notified
- March 2, 2018 – Recipients Announced
Please email Laila Sukkariyyah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about SIWW 2018, visit http://www.siww.com.sg/
Email your PDF application & supporting documents to: SIWWScholarship@nacwa.org.
Use ‘Subject’ line: SIWW Scholar Candidate, YOUR LAST NAME, FIRST NAME INITIAL
Deadline to submit your completed application: Friday, February 2, 2018 by 5:00 PM EST.