NACWA Awards - EIM Recipients
Congratulations again on your Excellence in Management (EIM) honor! This recognition is valid for 3 years, until 2014. Below are some suggestions on how to share this honor with your community:
If you have any questions on any of these materials or your agency’s honor – please contact Kelly Brocato, Director, Membership Development at 202.833.1449 or
Download the Excellence in Management Recognition Program logo
Download the Excellence in Management Recognition Program sample press release (doc)
7 Easy Ways to Announce Your Honor
There are many ways your organization can gain pubic recognition for your contributions to protect and improve the health of our nation’s water. Some ideas to consider are:
1. Press Release – Distribute a press release (see sample press release) touting your organization’s Excellence in Management Recognition Program achievement and efforts on behalf of the nation’s waters.
2. Annual Report – Feature your organization’s Excellence in Management Recognition achievement in your annual report, and please feel free to use the Excellence in Management Recognition Program logo.
3. Newsletter/Periodical Article – Describe your organization’s accomplishments and Excellence in Management Recognition Program recognition in your organization’s newsletter or other periodical publication.
4. Website – Showcase your Excellence in Management Recognition Program contributions on your organization’s website. Include the Excellence in Management Recognition Program logo and additional information on the efforts that earned your organization the honor (as excerpted from the program application).
5. Board of Directors Resolution – Spotlight your organization’s contributions during your next Board of Directors meeting. Have the Board pass a resolution recognizing your organization’s Excellence in Management Recognition Program achievement and ongoing efforts. Include the resolution in your public outreach press materials.
6. Special Press Event/Breakfast – Organize an informal event/breakfast with your top officials and key local reporters to discuss your organization’s contributions.
7. Media Tour – Arrange a media tour for your key spokesperson to discuss the contributions that your organization has made to the local community. Arrange to have your spokesperson appear on TV and radio news/public affairs broadcasts. Schedule one-on-one interviews with print reporters.
Once again: Congratulations!